An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Town Planner to head up a successful and growing strategic land/planning team. The organisation is growing with further developments in the pipeline to take through outline planning and reserved matters. An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Town Planner to work within the Group for Strategic Planning. Working closely with the Directors based in the head officeyou will join the team early on and assist with building out the Planning department. We are seeking a dynamic and proactive individual to join our growing team. The Planning arm will be working on new strategic sites within the Group’s pipeline and seeing through existing sites with any planning support required.
You will preferably be from a planning consultancy or housing developer background and experienced in:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review and monitor existing planning policy documents for areas working in.
- Review and monitor live and ongoing planning applications.
- Assemble and submit planning applications.
- Assemble and research planning requirements on speculative planning sites.
- Coordinate consultant/design team to ensure works are in line with planning requirements.
- Negotiate with local authorities or other statuary bodies/third parties to achieve a positive planning outcome.
- Assist with consultation with various stakeholders and third parties on projects.
- Preparation of evidence for Public Inquiries.
- Manage communications and coordinate obligations
- Capability of running applications on strategic sites of varying scales and complexity.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in development and delivery of major infrastructure projects or housing developments.
- Preferably have achieved or be in a position to seek membership of RTPI, or other equivalent professional qualification.
- Strong communication, negotiation and management skills.
- Extremely high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Understand the importance of establishing and maintaining positive client relationships.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Well rounded knowledge of house developer and local planning authorities planning processes.
- Use initiative and commercially minded.
If this job is of interest to you please contact :